My Dog Nose It Natural Sun Protection
Just like how we humans use SPF to stay away from skin cancer, our pets can also get the same cancers like basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and even melanoma.
While basal cell carcinoma is the most common for humans it is the least common for dogs. Theirs is the more invasive; the squamous and melanoma. And yes, our furry friends are often covered in, well, fur! This does act as natural sun protection for most breeds and most of a dogs body. But what about the tummy, ears, and especially the nose? That’s where taking the proactive action of limiting your dogs exposure to the sun and protecting them with a sunscreen come in.
But that doesn’t mean human sunscreen either! Human sunscreen blocks UVA and UVB rays using chemicals, like Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide. These are safe for humans but not on pets! The chemicals are toxic and can even be fatal if ingested! Even baby sunscreens can contain chemicals that are harmful to your pets. So please only use products that are meant for your pet, like My Dog Nose It!
When to Apply: When playing outdoors or in the water we recommend applying a thin layer every two hours.
People-friendly! Out and about with your buddy and forgot your lip balm or lotion? Yes, go ahead and protect yourself too.
- Octinoxate USP 7.5% (derived from Cinnamon oil) UV-absorber
- Oxybenzone USP 3% (derived from Benzoic acid, from gum benzoin) UV-absorber
- Carnauba Wax from the Carnaubeira Palm leaves, natural esters help to coat skin
- Corn Starch from corn grain, used for product consistency/uniformity
- Ethylhexyl Stearate from coconut oil, emollient ester
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil from castor oil, used to thicken anhydrous balms
- Ozokerite from earth wax, used for skin protection
- Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil unique oil for product spreadability
- Schhinziophyton Rautanenii (Mongongo) Kernel Oil from the African Mongongo tree (used for centuries as a natural skin protectant)
- Silica porous sand for product thickening
- Sorbitan Sesquioleate derived from sorbitol & olive oil
- Talc earth mineral, for product spreadability
Made in the U.S.A.