Ingredient Spotlight: Coconut
- Posted on
- By Feed Pet Purveyor
Coconut contains antibacterial, anti fungal and antiviral properties and is widely used by many people for a number of medicinal purposes.
According to Dr. Karen Becker, “Coconut oil is a concentrated source of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), which may have positive effects on your pet's cognitive function. This oil is also a rich source of lauric acid, which is a powerful antimicrobial agent. Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties as well.”
Benefits of Coconut for Pets
- Promotes healthy skin. Coconut oil can aid in the recovering from common skin conditions such as dermatitis, dry itchy skin, and hot spots
- Hydrates and moisturizes skin which reflects in a beautiful shiny coat (less hair breakage = less shedding)
- Prevents skin related infections like candida (yeast infections)
- Aids in the recovery of topical skin irritation like insect stings and flesh wounds.
- Boosts mobility in aging pets and can reduce inflammatory issues like arthritis and hip and joint pain.
- Supplements nutrient absorption when administered in food.
- May also benefit thyroid and brain function, insulin levels, and the body’s natural immune response.
Shop Coconut Products